“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel


Monday, January 17, 2011

Just golden

I admit, I've been on a slump. I find myself looking at my closet and just not hearing the call of the fashion muses. So to prevent myself from suffering from fashion anemia, I've decided to inspire myself with these dazzling looks from the recently concluded Golden Globe Awards.


Angelina Jolie in Swarovski-encrusted Atelier Versace 

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive


Olivia Wilde in Marchesa and Christian Louboutin

Sandra Bullock in Jenny Packham

Dianna Agron in J. Mendel


Eva Longoria in Zac Posen


Kelly Osbourne in Zac Posen

You guessed right, sparkles are back and here to stay, along with back-baring extravaganzas. 


And may I say that while I am not loving her dress, she looked so radiant. She really is one of my favorite actresses, looks and smarts in one, top that!

Natalie Portman in Viktor & Rolf

So therefore I conclude, I need a reason to don a spectacular gown. Is anyone getting married this year? I just need a dose of good old full out formal.

Speaking of formal, these people are so in my list of what not to wear when I do get my chance. Nothing that looks like a wedding cake, please! While satin is a thing of beauty, mostly it can be a thing of disaster. Overworked and gaudy, not good.

Mila Kunis in Vera Wang

Lea Michelle in Oscar de la Renta 

Jennifer Love-Hewitt in Romona Keveza

I love these two to bits, their gowns were just a tad too patchwork-y for my taste.

Heidi Klum in Marc Jacobs

Helena Bonham-Carter in Vivienne Westwood 

Ladies, flab is no excuse to not look fab. It should actually push us to more creative dressing. This is prime time to celebrate those curves. So do this:

Amber Riley in Oliver Tolentino

And not this:

Gabourey Sidibe in Marc Bouwer

And no, the constipated look is not good anywhere other than the bathroom. Guys, get over yourselves.

Justin Bieber

Zac Efron

And that wraps up my fashion police segue. I can't wait for the Grammys!:)


Photos via JUST JARED.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pics, I favored Olivia Wilde out of all of them, I love that modern princess look and it suites her well. Loving the colors on the Red Carpet

    ReplyDelete