“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel


Thursday, December 16, 2010

And we said goodbye

We buried lola on a Sunday. It was a nice breezy day. The sun was out and I'd like to think that was her way of saying good bye.

My brother and I decided to tinker with our new camera. Cemeteries can be the most beautiful of places. There's a quiet peace that makes me think of how our dearly departed are finally resting free from hurt or pain. I know for my lola, it's that way.






Black sheer polo: Poisonberry | Velvet skirt: vintage | Leopard print flats: Payless Shoe Source
Leopard print shades: Forever 21 | Clay flower earring: bazaar find | Bead necklace: vintage

It was also a time to celebrate life. I think lola would have loved having the family all together. 

My brother and I. Yes, I now see the resemblance. I've been denying it for years.

My cute cousin Chrystel. She doesn't look it here but she's a tomboy. Crazy hyper on steroids!



Photos by JONAS REYES.

No comments:

Post a Comment