“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel


Friday, November 5, 2010

What got me started

I was asked to come up with a shoot for our Halloween issue two weeks ago. Okay, the concept wasn't completely mine since my editor helped me fine tune being the complete publishing noob that I am. And guess what? The shoot happened on my birthday. Wow, working on my birthday. Good thing it was fashion-related, otherwise I would have thrown an epic hissy fit (or not).

Tricia Gosingtian took the fabulous photos for this shoot that required five fashion bloggers to dress up as their fashion icons. Yes, a fasyon Halloween indeed. I had the time of my life getting in touch with these people whose blogs I consume on a daily basis.  I was pleasantly surprised that they were all so nice and we ended up having such a blast. Super glad I got to meet this generation's fashion icons.

Icons only: A fashion blogger's take on Halloween
read full article here

Photo by TRICIA GOSINGTIAN
Make up y JINKY URETA and ACE BERNARDO for Make Up For Ever
Hair by TEEJAY PAYONGAYONG for Essensuals Toni & Guy
Shot at RUE BOURBON, Burgos Circle, Fort Bonifacio


Can you believe Tin is only in her second year of college (Yey to UP Diliman's BS Clothing Techology)? She's the baby of the bunch! She was so sweet and, not to mention, talented. She was one of the five people selected from her course to help create and design for Lee's PFW SS '11 runway show: LEEberation.

Tin of  Fashion Ate the World
as
Agyness Deyn

 I was so lucky to have been able to catch Hanna in the Philippines. She's back fresh from her stint at the University of Edinburgh. I love her effortless vintage style. She makes it look so easy to wear vintage for everyday urban traipsing.

Hanna of Little Miss Dress Up
as
Little Edie Beale

Karl is a nurse. Unbelievable right? I cannot wrap my brain around the thought! I bet he makes nurse scrubs look like a thousand bucks. If not, he can always make do with his seriously imaginative punk rock street style.

Karl of Inkarlcerating
as
Sid Vicious
She's my high school classmate's girlfriend and also a fellow UP Diliman College of Mass Communication alumna. Small world huh? Kookie has an ongoing affair with amazing heels and I am in love with her towering boots. I wish I had legs like her though. I swear, they look as if they're as long as I am tall. Boo.

Kookie of Death by Platforms
as
Mary Kate Olsen

Another awesome looker, Lissa is one of Chictopia's top posters. I saw one of those posts a while back (like a year or so ago) and was immediately drawn to her wonderful multi-strap sky-high heels. Yes, I got one for myself soon after. She's also Liz Uy's assistant. Wow. Lissa, hook me up naman!

Lissa of Chictopia
as
Madonna

Thanks also to Alex Cantor of Rue Bourbon for letting me use the restaurant as our shoot venue. I know it was super last minute, so sorry. I'm so glad I have friends who are business owners! Yes, spoken like a true leech!:))

Being around these bloggers inspired me to do two things: (1) start my own fashion blog. Hey I write for a living, might as well write for fun! Hence, this blog was born the day after; and (2)start dressing better, meaning trying out high heels for everyday use, more accessorizing and more experimentation with different styles. So wish me luck! I really wanna make my mark.

So all in all, doing a fashion shoot  was a nice way to spend the first day of my 23rd year. Happy birthday to me! Hello to a year of high heels, sequins and fashion adventures!

Photos by TRICIA GOSINGTIAN.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You have a blog na rin! Super thank you for featuring us in Y Style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! It was such a great way to spend my birthday.:)

    ReplyDelete