“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Some MAC lovin'

I've been a fan of MAC Cosmetics since I started watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. I mean, any respectable makeup guru had a stash that was mostly MAC so naturally I became curious. Case in point: my favorite makeup guru Sarah Victor is a fan. And although the brand isn't cheap by any means, you get great value for your buck. I'm not swimming in dough so I only have a few MAC items in my makeup stash. And of those few, I just have to say: I am loving their new Haute & Naughty Lash mascara like crazy!

Day, check. Night, check. Perfect!

Big and small.

It has two orifices: the small one (pink) houses a smaller spoolie for day wear and the bigger one (glittery purple) holds the night wear spoolie perfect for finishing up those smoky party eyes. I have been using them non-stop since they were given to me to try two months ago. It isn't waterproof but it doesn't smudge easily. So it's perfect for longtime wear but also easy to remove. It retails at P1,075. Not that cheap, but when you factor in the fact that it's like getting two mascaras in one tube then the price suddenly more bearable. For someone who's never been big on mascaras, I sure am hooked. Yep, I'm a mascara convert now.

For November, MAC also came out with a new collection: A Tartan Tale. They collaborated with famed London-based photographer Tim Walker. He's one of Vogue's resident photographers and he's been at it for about a decade. So yes, he is deemed worthy and with that our credential check is complete.

As its name suggests, A Tartan Tale is Scottish regalia liberally mixed with pop-punk whimsy. It's their holiday collection and it makes me wanna bust out me bagpipes, not that I have any.


"Do you hear the bonny bagpipes
on the moors,
or Johnny Rotten and the
Sex Pistols? One in each ear?

We’re telling a slightly twisted Tartan Tale
to celebrate holiday 2010,
in all its posh, punk, ancestral, anarchic,
noble and naughty glory."









"Royal and raunchy, colours and patterns collide, fantasies come true,
punk faeries take flight, with poetic new looks for
Eyes to gaze long upon Glamora Castle:
Dazzleglass Creme like Radiant Jewels; Lipstick kisses from The Faerie Glen;
Black Swan Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner; Family Crest Pigment;
My Highland Honey from the heather in Powder Blush;
Sexy Style Clan Nail Lacquer; and forever Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara,
for the Dark Prince, or Princess.

Enter A Tartan Tale, and be transformed!"


I am so loving the abundance of plaids. I think I'm getting some of these goodies. Oh well, 'tis the season anyway. Who knows, I might be lucky enough to be gifted with these. *hint hint* *wink wink*

A Tartan Tale is available in all MAC locations: Rustan's Makati, Rustan's Shangri-La, Marrionaud SM Mall of Asia and Power Plant Mall, Rockwell.

Photos and campaign blurb by MAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment